Santorini is one of the most sought after Greek destinations for the majority of long haul travelers; and who can blame them… The views are breathtaking and no matter what… this is one of the very few places on earth that pictures do not “lie”.
So… Is there a right answer to “How Many Days Should I Spend in Santorini…”? Well we doubt it…
Santorini is a relatively small island that can be explored within just a couple of days if you are in a “rush”…
If you feel comfortable with driving around then you can rent an ATV or a car and do a tour of the island’s highlights but if driving is not your “thing” then you can easily join an organized sightseeing tour that can also done exclusively for you.
- Akrotiri and the Excavations
- Emprorio, which is the most well preserved castle village of the island
- Perivolos Beach for a swim and lunch at one of the lovely taverns by the sea
- Pyrgos Village for a walk and a coffee
- And then drive off to Oia to enjoy the most magnificent sunset on earth
- Later at night you can drive to Fira and enjoy a walk through the little white alleys and do some shopping, have dinner and just relax
- Join one of the boat trips and visit the Volcano and the Hot Springs at least
- Do a wine tour since Santorini is famous for its wines and locals have made sure to show you the best of their produce
- Have dinner at one of the little traditional tavernas chosen by the locals where you can taste all the local delicacies such as Ntomatokeftedes, Santorinian Fava, Melitzanosalata made with local produce white eggplant and some Vinsanto wine of course. It does not matter where it is as long as you make sure to get a local’s advice for where to go
If you plan to stay longer and would like to know more, get in touch and we would be happy to share everything we know with you.